Obesity is a known chronic health issues, which seems to have affected people all across the world. There are certain reports, which claim that this problem has reached to the obesity epidemic. The overweight and obesity issues are lethal conditions as they end up bringing a number of health issues including diabetes, heart problems and high blood pressures. Hence it is vital to treat the issue of overweight aggressively. The lifestyle changes often remain at the mainstay of these treatment options and are called as the vital for the long term maintenance of the weight loss.
Ways to Achieve
The treatment for obesity starts with a number of non surgical options, and if nothing works then the various surgical options come into picture. Let’s check them out as under:
- Diet and lifestyle changes: Consuming a diet, which are rich in terms of fruits, whole grains, low fat dairy products and vegetables can make all the difference. This is nothing but a dietary plan that keeps things in a right portion. It monitors and controls the food you have so as to regulate the obesity as well.
- Prescription medicines: A number of people consuming weight loss drugs feel that these are scam. However, there are certain weight loss drugs as recommended by your doctor that can work in this regard. The effects are often modest and loss due to body weight of the person.
- Weight-loss surgery: This is often the last resort, which is considered as the best option to get rid of the weight loss.
Obesity and Lifestyle Modifications
Dietary control has been one of the key treatment options for weight loss. The diets you consume work on the idea of metabolism and simply prove effective when you reduce the calories intake for creating negative energy balance. You need a good amount of activity in order to make this plan effective for weight loss. In other words, the lifestyle modifications would comprise of both the dietary changes and workout session.
When it comes to obesity surgery, you have a number of surgical options, however, the following are considered to be the vital ones, let’s check them as under:
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: The surgery deals with creating a small size pouch inside over the upper portion of your stomach. This reduces the food intake, which puts an impact over issues like weight loss. The food with this surgery simply get bypassed over the small intestine preventing fewer calories and nutrients to get absorbed causing the weight loss.
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding: This surgery deals in putting an inflatable balloon over the upper portion of your stomach, which end up creating small size stomach pouch above the band using narrow opening in order to rest over the stomach. This is a minimally invasive procedure, which gives a number of benefits including faster recovery rates and effective results.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy: In this surgery, a portion of stomach is divided and then removed from your body. However, the remaining portion of your stomach gets formed like a tube like structure. The small size stomach fails to hold much of the food in it. It gives you less amount of appetite, which can reduce the desire of eating. However, Sleeve Gastrectomy procedure is not seen hampering the absorption of the nutrients and calories over the intestines.
Obesity is a grievous issue, which people from different nations have been facing, especially, for the people of the developed nations like the US or the UK. In order to get rid of the extra weight, you can try a number of options as discussed above, however, if nothing works then surgery comes as an option to get rid of the same.