Not sure whether you aware that our body pH must stay within the range of pH 7.35 – 7.45 for good health and to prevent serious illness. Let me share with you, this is because our enzymatic, immunologic and repair mechanisms function best in this ideal blood pH range.
It is interesting to know that human body’s metabolic process will somehow produce acid naturally by itself. However, the waste in the acid must be neutralised and safely eliminated from our body to prevent damaging the tissues and organs that are responsible for detoxifying our body. (What is metabolic process? In layman term metabolic process refers to our body process of living, tissue repair and the metabolism of food.)
In fact, our modern lifestyle of living and the environmental factors such as stress, inadequate sleep, imbalanced diet, medication or environment pollution can influence the acid-alkaline balance by producing more acidic waste and raising our body acidity. The harmful health effect of the increased body acidity may cause headaches, lack of energy, fatigue, sleepiness, fast and shallow breathing, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, bad breath, dehydration and loss of appetite. If we let our body becomes too acidic and unattended to, it may cause acute and chronic diseases, particularly arthritis, cancer and others. As such, we must have sufficient alkaline reserve in our body to neutralize these acids.
What if our body does not have it? My understanding is that there are natural ways to restore pH levels in our body through the following means:
- Increase intake of vegetables and fruit (alkaline foods) while decreasing the amount of acid-forming foods, such as grains, dairy products, pasta and bread. Juicing vegetables is an excellent way to increase our body alkaline levels.
- Cooking methods can result in acidic or alkaline reactions. For example, a potato that is baked or boiled in its jacket becomes alkaline, whereas a fried potato is acid-forming.
- Drink at least 2 liters of good water daily.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Exercise to make the body more alkaline, but avoid excessive exercise as it is acid-forming.
- Alkalise our body with supplements that contained Alfalfa. Alfalfa is known to be the most alkaline plant on earth. It works to neutralise the acidity of our body, by that Alfalfa will also help in removing our body odour, eliminating bad breath, relieving sore throats, reducing indigestion and make us more energetic in reducing fatigue as well.
One of the most obvious symptoms of an overly acidic body is body or mouth odour. This is because an acidic condition provides the perfect environment for bacteria to flourish in the mouth and body. These bacteria will release odours that cause bad breath or body odour on us.
Tan Kok Hui
Nutrition Made Simple, Life Made Rich